10. Buying used bends the time/space continuum in your favor – you can trust us on this.
9. Buying used extends one’s longevity, since you don’t have to worry about whether the
used piece of equipment will arrive on time.
8. Buying used decreases the planets carbon footprint (go green) as the piece of equipment has already been made and is simply being put back into service.
7. Buying used strengthens your marriage since now you will have more money to take your
spouse out to dinner more often.
6. Here at MIDWEST Switchgear, special equipment needs are engineered to fit the customer’s
5. Only the used reconditioned equipment market can fill the need for existing equipment no longer
4. Quality. Used equipment at MIDWEST is reconditioned and tested before it is shipped. Test results, be they megger, contact resistance, overcurrent, winding resistance, hypotential, or MIDWEST’s live load tests, must meet national specifications before equipment goes out the door.
3. Warranty. Depending on the specific type of equipment purchased, a typical warranty on used reconditioned equipment is one year. The same time as the manufacturer’s warranty on new equipment.
2. Availability. Manufacturers do not keep inventories of many types of new equipment. Lead times for new equipment orders can stretch from weeks to months. Used reconditioned equipment can be in your hands as fast as shipping and preparation allow. The operative word here at MIDWEST Switchgear is fast. Our goal is to get the equipment to the customer as fast as time permits.
1. And the number one reason to buy used − On average you can expect to save up to 75% of the
cost of new equipment.